I will not be intimidated, says Natembeya after security is withdrawn

Nov 26, 2025 - 12:04
 0
I will not be intimidated, says Natembeya after security is withdrawn

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya’s security has been withdrawn, sparking protests from the county boss and his supporters.

Natembeya confirmed that security officers attached to him as bodyguards and those guarding his home in Kitale had been recalled last night.

The governor termed the withdrawal as an act of intimidation and a threat to his life.

“All the security officers attached to me were recalled last night, and I was forced to have my own measures in place for safety,” said Natembeya.

Natembeya said security for him was not an offer from the government or anyone but a constitutional right that must be respected.

He accused the police of being used to politicise and weaponise security apparatus because of political interests.

“Let whoever did that know that I will not be intimidated or cowed into giving up on my stand,” said Natembeya.

He said the withdrawal was done at a time when his life had been under threat, with attacks he escaped during the by-election campaigns in Malava and Bungoma.

Gunshots were fired during his rally at a campaign meeting in Kabuchai, where his bodyguards acted swiftly to ensure his safety.

Natembeya has been vocal in leading campaigns for DAP-K candidate in Malava, Seth Panyako. He also campaigned in several other areas.

The governor has emerged as a harsh critic of the Kenya Kwanza administration and the UDA regime, which he accuses of mismanaging the country.

The governor said that should anything happen to him, the police would be held responsible.

The governor usually has about eight officers, mostly from the Administration Police, attached to him, his office, and his home.

Natembeya said the officers informed him that they had been directed to report back to their stations for further directions.

He claimed that the withdrawal was part of a scheme to rig the Malava by-elections.

Natembeya also alleged that there was a scheme to arrest him along with Cleophas Malala and Kamage Senator Bonny Khalwale ahead of the by-elections to be held tomorrow.

“We know it’s a wide scheme to rig the elections, but let them know that we will not be cowed at all, even in the face of threats to our lives,” said Natembeya.

The county was forced to quickly deploy some of its enforcement officers to guard the governor and his home.

Natembeya said he would continue with his usual activities, but the IG must come out to explain why the security officers were withdrawn from him.

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0
Josphat Mulama I am a passionate blogger tech enthusiast and founder of 8T8 Media a digital platform dedicated to sharing tech insights news updates and thought-provoking content. My journey into blogging began with a love for writing and a deep interest in how technology shapes our lives. Over time I expanded my focus to include not just tech but also political news current affairs and updates across fields like business education and lifestyle. Through 8T8 Media I aim to keep my audience informed with relevant and timely content that reflects real issues and developments around us. I break down complex tech topics into easy reads and share important news stories that matter to individuals and communities. My approach is rooted in authenticity consistency and a genuine desire to empower others with information. I believe that blogging is more than just writing it's about connecting people to knowledge ideas and opportunities. Whether you're into gadgets tech trends or just want to stay updated on what's happening around you my content is created to engage inform and inspire. 8T8 Media is my way of contributing to a more informed digital world and I'm proud to use my voice to share stories that matter.